July 10, 2020 (information from the Town of Hingham, photo by Joshua Ross)
Hingham Executive Health Officer Susan Sarni and Asst. Town Administrator Michelle Monsegur provided the following guidance to residents and others who frequent town beaches.
In Phase III -- Step I -- of the Gov. Charlie Baker's reopening plan, passive recreation at beaches is allowed under the following guidelines:
- Groups of 10 people maximum when seated
- Maintain at least 12 ft. of distance between groups
- Beach capacity can be limited by Executive Health Officer Susan Sarni in consultation with appropriate town officials to achieve social distancing guidance if necessary.
- Face coverings required at beaches and parking areas when social distancing is not possible in accordance with COVID-19 Executive Order No. 31
- Water sports are allowed, but organized ball games such as volleyball, spike ball, Kadima, bocce, etc. are not allowed at this time.
- Any food service or concessions must conform to applicable food service and restaurant guidance.
- Restrooms can be open with social distancing in interior spaces and while waiting in line, and Centers for Disease Control-compliant cleaning protocols.
We ask that everyone respect these guidelines and do their part to keep themselves and fellow beachgoers safe this summer. For additional information, see the state’s Outdoor Recreation Reopening Guidance for Phase III - Step I.